The Wildlife Society’s Oregon chapter launches ‘Northwest Nature Matters’ podcast
Northwest Nature Matters is a new podcast produced by the Oregon Chapter of The Wildlife Society (in partnership with Oregon Wildlife Foundation).
The people of the Pacific Northwest value beautiful natural scenery, clean air and water, and abundant fish and wildlife resources, John Goodell, podcast host and producer, said.
“Conservation is important to us, yet sourcing accurate scientific information can be difficult in this age of polarized content. The goal of the podcast is to serve as an antidote,” he said.
The podcast brings experts together for conversations around scientific information about natural history, conservation, and other natural resource issues here in the Pacific Northwest.
Three episodes at a time will be available online.
- In episode 1, Dr. Tom Cade, a conservation biologist and founder of the Peregrine Fund, and Kent Carnie, a retired military intelligence officer and a leader in the North American falconry community, discuss the return of the Peregrine Falcon, which was de-listed from the Endangered Species Act in 1999
- In episode 2, Jay Bowerman, a leading Oregon herpetologist and expert on the Oregon Spotted Frog expert, discusses the natural history and conservation of this currently threatened species, whose historical range extends from central Oregon to southern parts of western Washington.
- In episode 3, Davia Palmeri, conservation policy coordinator with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, discusses the history of conservation, new challenges, and potential future of legislation regarding wildlife conservation policy in the U.S.
For more information, visit: https://www.myowf.org/nwnaturematters
To download episodes or subscribe:
- Website: http://nwnaturematters.libsyn.com/
- RSS: https://nwnaturematters.libsyn.com/rss
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/northwest-nature-matterspodcast/
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=334730&refid=stpr
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/It4flkewwznniiglz264g2lqkwq