‘Christmas in July’: Help decorate 2018 Capitol tree July 25 in Eugene, Corvallis
EUGENE, Ore. – June 29, 2018 – Celebrate “Christmas in July” with Eugene Emeralds baseball and Willamette National Forest July 25, 2018 at PK Park in Eugene, Ore.!
The Willamette National Forest will supply the 2018 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree this December, and is contributing additional trees to be displayed throughout the U.S. Capitol this holiday season.
Game attendees will have an opportunity to help the forest reach it’s goal of supplying 10,000 unique “Pacific Northwest”nature-themed ornaments to decorate the trees while they are on display!
If you attend:
Gates open at 6 p.m. See Smokey Bear throw the first pitch to start the game at 7 p.m.!
Ornament making stations will be located at the first base plaza.
The Emeralds will play wearing special “ugly sweater” jerseys.
A limited number of discounted tickets are available for purchase at
(PS: The ballpark has Kids Eat Free promotion every Wednesday. Kids 12 & under will receive a voucher when they enter, which can be exchanged for a free hot dog, chips & soda in the concession area).
More upcoming ornament-making opportunities at community events:
- Sportsman’s Holiday – July 14 at 10 a.m., Sweet Home High School, Sweet Home, Ore.
- ‘Christmas in July’ with Corvallis Knights baseball – July 25, 6:30 p.m. at Goss Stadium, Corvallis, Ore. Tickets at corvallisknights.com/tickets/
- Oregon Jamboree – August 3-5, Sweet Home High School, Sweet Home, Ore.
- Sweet Home Community Health Fair – August 18 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Sweet Home High School Activity Center
- Oregon State Fair – August 25 and September 1 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Salem, Ore.
- Harvest Fest – Saturday October 13 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Sankey Park, Sweet Home, Ore.
You can host your own ornament-making event! For more information about the 2018 Capitol Christmas Tree, visit www.capitolchristmastree.org.
Willamette National Forest staff